The Thinking Pod Innovations Ltd.
University of Nottingham Innovation Park
Power Electronics Engineer
Due to expansion, we are seeking a self-motivated Electrical and Electronics Engineer to join a busy and growing innovative Power Electronics company. This is a full-time permanent role based in Nottingham close to the city centre. In return you will receive a competitive salary £35-40k pa entry salary (doe), ongoing training, enhanced holiday allowance, private health plan and pension (after qualifying period).
Essential Skills & Experience:
- BEng (2:1) in Power Electronics / Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Simulation of power converters and their control
- Fluent in IT usage (Office Package)
- Experience in MATLAB / Simulink
- Experience of using C
- Fluent in English
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- MEng/MSc qualified in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or allied discipline
- Experience in PCB Design & layout
- Experience in programming FPGAs
- Experience in the control and development of power converters and drives
- VHDL, Verilog
- Perform engineering and development tasks necessary for completion of relevant project of product design flow.
- Report activities and technical issues to the Senior Engineers and Management.
- Help prepare technical reports on results and design decisions for relevant customers or funding bodies.
- Interact with customers and project partners relating to project specifications and ongoing collaboration.
- Engage with internal processes and audits to ensure quality control (ISO9001 Internal).
- Be an Ambassador of TTPi at technical meetings. Occasional travel to trade fairs and dissemination events may be required.
- Team focused – drive to achieve the team goals and achievements.
- Creativity & Innovation – A passion for driving continuous improvement.
- Good time management skills – including the capability to participate in multiple projects.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Learning, Teaching and Sharing – constantly learning and sharing knowledge within the team.
Please send your CV and covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org