The Thinking Pod Innovations Ltd.
University of Nottingham Innovation Park
Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Due to expansion, we are seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Power Electronics Engineer to join a busy and growing Innovative Power Electronics company. This is a full-time permanent role based in Nottingham close to the city centre. In return you will receive a competitive salary £45-£50k pa entry salary (doe), ongoing training, enhanced holiday allowance and pension* (after qualifying period).
Essential Skills & Experience:
- BEng in Power Electronics/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Simulation of power converters and their control
- Fluent in IT usage (Office Package)
- Experience in MATLAB/ Simulink
- Experience in programming MCU and/or DSP using C.
- Experience in PCB Design & layout
- Experience in programming FPGA’s
- Fluent in English
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- MEng/MSc qualified in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or allied discipline.
- Experience in the control and development of Matrix converters
- PhD in a related subject- Power Electronics/ Electrical/ Electrical Engineering
- VHDL, Verilog
- Perform engineering and development tasks necessary for completion of relevant project of product design flow.
- Report activities and technical issues to the Operations Manager and Directors
- Prepare technical reports on results and design decisions for relevant customers or funding bodies.
- Interact with customers and project partners relating to project specifications and ongoing collaboration.
- Engage with internal processes and audits to ensure quality control (ISO9001 Internal)
- Be an Ambassador of TTPi at technical meetings, occasionally travel to trade fairs and dissemination events may be required.
- Team focused- drive to achieve the team goals and achievements.
- Creativity & Innovation – A passion for driving continuous improvement.
- Good time management skills- including the capability to participate in multiple projects.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Learning Teaching and Sharing – constantly learning and sharing knowledge within the team.
Please send your CV and covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com